Saturday, January 26, 2008

Book Review: How to power tune MGB

How to Power tune MGB 4 cylinder engines for road and track by Peter Burgess is an interesting book, but I think it is of limited use for most amateur wrenchers who are just mucking around with their daily driver. Most of the modifications involve pretty drastic work to the cylinder head or fuel system and are really the only suitable for someone with a pretty high skill level and also some experience in machine shop work.

Having said all this, the book is still very interesting and provides a lot of information about how the potential of the engine can be realized. I enjoyed reading it, but I don't think that I'll be doing much from it any time soon.

So, I give it 6/10. For a shade tree mechanic, you can probably skip this one if you are looking for books that will help you work on the car.

No comments: